Looks like the good folk at MBAs Across America (see previous post) are ready to hit the road for the summer. Rather than speak on their behalf, I’ll quote (i.e., steal) from the recent email they sent me:
When we hatched the idea for MBAs Across America six months ago, we never imagined that so many people would give their support, time, and money to help bring it to life. Your contribution was a big YES that makes all the “no’s” we’ve heard along the way forgettable.
So, THANK YOU. You’ll get your official reward this summer, but we wanted to reach out now to show our gratitude.
Over the past month, we’ve used your vote of confidence to solidify our plans for the summer. We’ve created a media partnership with GOOD <http://www.good.is/> , did an MBAxAmerica pilot with Blue State Coffee <https://www.bluestatecoffee.com/> , and are excited to share our cities & partners with you.
Where We’re Going & Who We’re Working With
- Detroit: The Social Club Grooming Company <http://www.michipreneur.com/grooming-a-business-for-a-socially-good-cause/>
- Boulder: MADE Movement <http://www.mademovement.com/>
- White Sulphur Springs, Montana: Red Ants Pants <http://www.redantspants.com/>
- Las Vegas: The Downtown Project <http://downtownproject.com/>
- Albuquerque: Ideum <http://ideum.com/about-us/>
- New Orleans: Idea Village <http://ideavillage.org/>
- Asheville: Highland Brewing Company <http://www.highlandbrewing.com/>
- Washington, DC: NPR’s Generation Listen <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/13/arts/nprs-generation-listen-seeks-audiences-in-their-20s.html>
We’re also thrilled to work with co-conspirator’s like The Workshop <http://www.theworkshop.co/> , Detroit SOUP <http://detroitsoup.com/> , Ponyride <http://ponyride.org/> , and Startup New Mexico <http://www.startupnm.org/> .
This Tuesday, we’re launching a second crowd-funding campaign to raise enough funds to finish the job you’ve helped us start. We will share it with you when it goes live, and would love for you to share it with your friends who might join you in supporting the MBAxAmerica movement.
We hit the road Independence Day weekend and we’re working every day to make MBAxAmerica a journey that can discover, share, and help create the future of American business. Thank you so much for getting us this far — please let us know if you have any ideas!!
To the future!
Casey, Amaris, Hicham, and Mike
If you’d like to help support their cause, please make a contribution here.