You ever wonder how the social media gurus produce so much content so fast? They work hard – that’s true. And many of them have minions, I mean “partners,” they can draw upon for help.
But one of their key tactics is to make every idea do at least double-duty. Instead of investing energy in one-offs, put your time and money on efforts that can produce multiple pieces, easily. A few examples:
- Turn a series of themed blog posts into an article, white paper or ebook. (You can guess where this content execution series is going…)
- Or break an ebook/white paper down into a series of posts. Heck, if you’re popular and get lots of comments, you may able to use the comments to expand your content in a “second edition.”
- Speaking engagement? Record it as a video (or video series); turn it into a webinar/webcast; strip the visuals and make it a podcast.
- Attending a conference? Grab customers/allies and put them on video. Run a quick survey and turn the results into an article or paper.
- If you have a hit on your hands, update it and run it again. That’s why Joe Pulizzi and I did with the Content Marketing Playbook.
You get the idea. It’s good to recycle content from one form into another. It’s even better to plan your recycling in advance, investing your resources in ideas and opportunities that can be fulfilled in multiple formats.
You and your colleagues can learn how to create more great content faster via my content writing training seminars.